Fly on the uphills but make sure to watch that battery power!
EduroNew for 2018, we are offering a class 1 pedal-assist e-bike enduro. Fly on the uphills but make sure to watch that battery power as that's going to be part of the fun.
What is a eDuro race and how does it work?
Our eDuro will mix in and race exactly the same courses as our traditional Enduro.
The eDuro race will test the athletes ability to balance the output of the battery of their eMTB vs the terrain. Only one battery is allowed to complete the race and charging/switching of batteries is not permitted.
• All racers must abide by the rules set forth in the California Enduro Series Handbook (Attachment) and in addition:
• Only Class One eBikes are permitted. All bikes will be subject to an initial inspection to be conducted prior to the race.
• Modifications aimed at extending permanently or temporarily the electric motor aid over the speed limit are strictly forbidden.
• Bikes admitted to the race must use one battery only for the entire length of the competition. It is forbidden to change the motor, the battery or the wheels during the race.
• Checkpoints will be present on course to avoid unpermitted modifications and battery alterations.
• All batteries will receive an official “marking” during the initial bike inspection prior to the race. This marking must be present at all times during the race.
For more information on pedal assist e-bikes and Mammoth Mountain click HERE.